"CVS CBD" does sound like a hodgepodge combination of two acronyms, but that’s what happens when a retailer with more than 9,800 stores nationwide begins selling hemp-derived CBD products, reports NBC News.
So is Walgreens.
Walgreens will sell CBD creams, patches and sprays in nearly 1,500 stores:
"This product offering is in line with our efforts to provide a wider range of accessible health and wellbeing products and services to best meet the needs and preferences of our customers," Walgreens spokesman Brian Faith told CNBC.
Yes, CBD is becoming mainstream.
CBD is short for “Cannabidiol”, the part of the hemp plant that heals rather than gets you high. That distinction is what allows hemp-derived CBD to be sold everywhere, even in states where marijuana is not legal.
Thus, just like our CBD products at ProHealth CBD, CVS CBD, or that offered by Walgreens, can be sold everywhere.
Hemp vs Marijuana
Just to be clear, hemp is not marijuana. As Aron Cadena, Editor-in-Chief of CBDOrigin.com explains:
"... while Hemp contains a very low concentration of THC (0.3% or less), Marijuana is abundant in THC with concentrations between 15% to 40%."
As the following Leafly video explains:
- CBD and THC have different effects depending on which receptors they bind to in our body’s endocannabinoid system. For example THC binds to receptors in the brain whereas CBD prefers receptors located throughout the body. By aiming the right cannabinoid at the right receptors you can get a wide variety of different types of relief.
- CBD can affect symptoms associated with mood, gastrointestinal disorders, neurological disorders, pain, sleep disorders and other medical conditions.
- THC, most abundant of all the cannabinoids, is strongly psychoactive, so it produces a very euphoric effect. Beyond its recreational use, THC has been used to combat pain, nausea, sleep, stress disorders and appetite loss.
We Welcome Walgreen and CVS CBD
ProHealth CBD welcomes Walgreen and CVS CBD into our hemp marketplace, because they will help spread the good news that hemp-derived CBD products can improve health outcomes.
Moreover, by becoming sellers of hemp CBD products, large retailers like CVS and Walgreens will give customers the reassurance they may need that hemp CBD products are legal, safe and effective.
Clearly, CVS and Walgreens now understand what we at ProHealth CBD have long recognized - that CBD-enhanced products can effectively deliver CBD into your body to help relieve aches and pains, calm inflammation and nerves, enhance productivity and much more.
Like all CBD extracted from hemp, all of ProHealth’s CBD products, such as our oils, creams, gels, gummies and capsules are non-psychoactive CBD formulas. As explained, that means that you do not get "high" from consuming them. What you do get is improved health.
We reported in Why CBD Hemp Oil Could Be an Important Part of a Healthy Lifestyle that hemp-derived CBD can act as a "super supplement" to:
- Improve training performance by aiding faster post-exercise recovery;
- Boost cellular detoxification by reducing oxidative stress (free radicals);
- Increase mental focus;
- Support deep, restorative sleep; and
- Reduce inflammation, so prevalent in our bodies as we age that medical scientists refer to it as "inflammaging"